Early Childhood Screening
Early Childhood Screening is a FREE, quick and simple check of your child`s development. It can help identify, at an early stage, possible health or learning concerns, so that children can get help even before starting kindergarten. Minnesota law requires that your child be screened before enrollment in public school kindergarten. The service is provided at no cost to families and the results of each portion are discussed with the parent or guardian.
- Earlier is better! The best age to screen is just before the child`s fourth birthday, between 3 and 4 years of age. Screening can help detect possible health or learning concerns so that children can get help before kindergarten.
- Children enrolled in Head Start will be screened there and records are forwarded to their school district.
- Early Childhood Screening is conducted by qualified professionals to help identify specific needs a child may have in the areas of:
- Vision & Hearing
- Height & Weight
- Cognitive & Social Development
- Fine & Gross Motor Skills
- Immunizations & Health History
Location: Screening location varies, please check each appointment for where it will take place.
Appointments: Click on an appointment date to register. To change an appointment time or cancel your appointment, please call the Early Childhood Office during office hours (8:00am - 4:00pm) Monday - Friday at 763-600-5900. Please also call in you need an language interpreter for either your child or yourself.